Wednesday, October 17, 2012

New New

I was in need of some shoe rejuvenation, so I indulged in a thorough bout of online shopping. I ordered the brown boots, the booties, the skullified slippers, and the rain boots. All but the slippers were on sale #stingyskills.

Finding the right boot is especially difficult, a lot of them are too chunky and wide around the ankle, creating an unfortunate cankle appearance.

I have found that flat booties can be too duck-like, especially on those of us with a smaller stature. Regrettably, the Sam Edelman booties I was cooing about in my previous post are duck shoes. I am hoping that the added height of these DV by Dolce Vita babies are more flattering.

It's about time I got a good, versatile (black) pair of rain boots. I don't like the constrained and heavy feeling of tall rain boots, but Tretorn's are a perfect height, and have cozy lining inside.

Last but not least, the major void in my shoe collection has been the skullified slippers. Put a skull on it, as I like to say. Everyone deserves a chance to pretend they're pirates.

It's always hard to tell what will look good on physically versus on the screen, so went by the customers' reviews.

To follow: what I keep, which hopefully is all!

Da boots

Da bootie

Da rain boot

Da skull
Xoxo,
Javz

No comments:

Post a Comment