Monday, June 6, 2011

Fine Dining

Everything really does taste better raw. When I was younger, I found myself stealthily sneaking into my grandmother's kitchen to snatch a few raw raviolis before they were put into the frying pan (yes, fried raviolis are very good, but they are obviously much better raw). There's something about the texture, and how much more flavorful the ingredients are, that makes uncooked dishes so savory for me. Some of my favorite dishes are: tuna and steak tartare (nom), beef carpaccio, raw raviolis (extra nom), and ceviche.


My own plate of a Grilled Ahi Tuna Steak (nice and rare on the inside)


Raw Ravioli Dish
(A vegan-friendly, healthier alternative compared to my indulgence)

Kobe Beef Carpaccio

Tuna Tartare

I recently went to Quintessence (http://www.raw-q.com/) in the East Village, and I must say, the food was pretty good--and all raw! During memorial day weekend, I went to beachhouse in East Hampton with family, and the steak tartare was phenomenal! I highly recommend it to anyone who decides to go.

Xx, Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment